Choose two of the following six questions and in an essay of 250 words make the case for your admittance to the HEM International Institute. Make sure to restate the question and proofread your essay carefully.
- Tell us about your background and interest in studying at HEM. Share with us the meaningful musical experiences you have had that need to be shared with the world.
- All of us face obstacles and challenges in life. They often prepared of for great success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback or failure? How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Site a time you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking and what was the outcome?
- Describe how you solved a challenging problem. It can be an intellectual challenge, research query. Described how you solved the challenge. Describe the process. Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Describe a contemporary musician –singer you admire and trace their musical training back and site those that had a great deal of influence in their style.